Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

23-the first gift of spring

this was my second attempt at poetry…..again teenage-days……and based totally on imagination…like there was Nikhat and Atif, in our gang, who went steady for yrs, and eventually married…….but their early yrs of courtship….well…their mood-swings resulting from their little hassles, was something that we all joked about….perhaps they were the inspiration for this ….so here goes……..
I looked out the window……
t’was a beautiful morn…..
The first rays of the sun,
trickled through those branches outside…
I looked up….
The morning brilliance lit my face…
I smiled…
the night had passed…
A tiny red ball caught my eye…
t’was a cherry on a tree…
I went to it slowly,
on light footsteps…..
I reached up to it….
Spring had come….
Something warned me….
do not touch it…..
I stepped back….
a tiny red fruit…
it cud but be sweet….
I plucked it…
and tasted the first gift of spring…
The bitterness….!!!
this fruit they call LOVE brings…!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment