Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

22-I know not whether I love you

t was way back, during college days…..was asked to write a poem,for the college magazine…had seen the romantic classic movies….
Helen of Troy…… Romeo and Juliet….
used to get quite impressed by such stories…
the result…..
this happens to be one of my first attempts at poetry…


I know not whether i love u……
To the beautiful morn …
I open mine eyes…..
to the sunshine and morning brilliance….
Alas..!…but the day is lost upon me…..
With no shadow of U around…
I see naught, but darkness….
Is this Love..?…I have no answer…
I wake up in the middle of the night…..
Every breath spells out ur name….
I look up at the stars
and wish u’d look up too…
a message there perhaps…
a word o’er the miles…
I know not…..I know not whether I love U..
What is love..??….I ask myself…..
Was it love that carried Romeo
with the vial to Juliet’s vault..
Was it love that braved Juliet ,
to thrust the dagger into her heart….
I know not, what love is…..
Ah…..but know this…
Ne’er before, have I deigned to tell ..
Of feelings such as these to anyone…..
An air of reserve……a veil o’er myself…
that’s me for everyone….
But with U, it does’nt matter…
The curtain drops…I reveal myself to U..
And I feel the happier for it..
If this is Love….then I guess I love u..
I love U…and love the fact that I LOVE U…..




No comments:

Post a Comment